Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Pictures

Our Christmas Eve started with a SKYPE call to Katie, Jake and Conner. Here Conner is playing with a new toy cell phone



I opened a gift that thrilled me. It was a 2008 calendar which Katie had made. Each month contained pictures of Conner which had been taken in that month of 2007. Katie has mastered the art of "scrapbooking."



Katie made these aprons for us.



Nina made cookies for the kids to decorate. Daniel is ready to decorate some for Santa.



Ellie is ready to go to church.



I have always loved watching children sing in church, so this was a special treat.



I took this picture of Ellie wearing her new backpack, and noticed later that she was eating a candy cane and there were candy canes on her shirt. Click to enlarge.



They frequently play "fireman" so were thrilled with the new rain boots.



It took over 4 hours to open gifts, as they had to try everything out. (That didn't include the SKYPE gift opening, or the huge exchange with Willi and Mary.)How many gifts can you use at once? Spiderman cape, knee pads from the spiderman skates, a new Bronco t-shirt, and let's not forget the shoes, purse, necklaces, earrings, rings and bracelets.



Trust me, this was not the only jump of the day!



>Luke and Daniel continued opening gifts in their capes.



>Ellie loved all the accessories.



>She was so fun to watch.


Are you clicking on the pictures to enlarge? They look so much better when they are big.



I bought this shirt when I was in Colorado visiting Katie. I knew Daniel would look good in it, and Eric and Nina would be surprised.



This was one of MANY books under the tree.

It was very, very fun sharing the holiday with children.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love to see all those smiles. I think it's hilarious that they are wearing so many gifts at the same time! How fun.

I love those individual pictures of Ellie. They are so sweet.

And also, you girls all look great in those aprons. :) Merry Christmas!

Katie

Anonymous said...

What a very MERRY CHRISTMAS it was! It was so fun to see all the kids open and enjoy each gift. I loved every suprise as did everyone else! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I'm glad we could Skype! It got very chaotic in one room, but the atmosphere was always merry!

Have a Happy New Year!
Nina

Anonymous said...

My computer only let me see 3 pictures. :-(

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures!!! Loved watching you open the aprons....SOOOO Cute!! I am sooo proud of Katie for attempting the "Lost Art" of sewing...she did a great job! :)

Thanks for sending all of the calendar pages. I loved looking at them! Katie really has mastered the art of scrapbooking...she is amazing!!! Of course she does have an adorable subject to work with!!!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
to all!!